Thank You Runners! What a great race we had on Sunday! You made it a success and we can’t wait to see you next year.
Pictures to be posted SOON!
The Race Founders
Women Run with STRIVERS Mother’s Day 5K race is a joint venture of two women- owned companies whose sole purpose is to develop strong women, confident girls and community support.
Don’t let the race name and date fool you. We want men out there too!
Dads, brothers, uncles, boyfriends, and walkers too! Join the celebration and make a difference!
STRIVERS Running Club for Girls is designed for middle school girls. Members become runners, experience the sense of accomplishment when they successfully complete a 5k and learn the power that runners can to bring to a community when they work together.
Women Run, Inc. was founded on the premise that women can and will help others. Women are strong but women united are stronger. A percent of all merchandise sales and events is donated to local charities that support women and girls.
A portion of the proceeds from the Women Run with STRIVERS 5k race will benefit Natick’s Embrace A Family. Embrace A Family was founded by the family and friends of two Natick mom’s who passed away from cancer in 2005. The mission of Embrace A Family is to provide support for families faced with a cancer diagnosis. Support stretches from financial for non-medical expenses, to preventive care and the dissemination of resource and support group information available for families to help them through the diagnosis.
TOP 5 REASONS Why you should run…
1. Do something for yourself this Mother’s Day! CELEBRATE all that you do and share the day with your wife, mom, daughter, sister or friend and even a few good men! YES, we want MEN out there too!
2. It’s EASY! Your time is precious so training for a 5k is ideal as it can be done in just a few weeks.
3. It’s CONVENIENT! With an 8:00 am start time – you’ll be back at home just in time for the breakfast your children are planning!
4. It MATTERS! Support the people in your life that mean the most to you while helping a family who may be going through a recent cancer diagnosis. You can also run in honor of someone touched by cancer.
5. It’s FUN! Join us for a family morning filled with running, treats, coffee, shopping and chocolate! Need we say more?